Congratulations on taking your app live! This is a huge milestone, so you should be proud. You are probably thinking, "What's the next step?" Now, it is time to promote your app and spread the word about all the cool features that are available. The more users that download, the more beneficial it will become for the business.
In this article, you will learn about the different ways that you can market your app and some tips on making your app easily searchable.
Before you begin promoting, we highly recommend that you play around with it for a few days to ensure everything is working properly.
- Have your employees beta test the app with you by downloading it before the initial launch.
- In addition, make sure to get all of your employees up-to-date on any special in-app offers. This way, no one is surprised when clients try to use the coupons at your location.
Once you are done, it is time to push the app out to all of your customers.
Promote via Social Media!
- Post your app listing URLs on your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and blog.
- To find your URLs, follow the instructions in the article Enabling Push Notifications, QR Codes, and Tell Friend Features.
- If the app is hosted in our Developer accounts, we can send these URLs to you.
Promote Using QR Codes!
- Place QR codes on your website, at your business, on flyers and business cards, in your monthly newsletters and direct mail, and in your email signature.
- People can use QR scanner apps to scan the QR codes, which lead them straight to the app listing.
- Select the Promote button at the top right of your app dashboard to download/print your QR codes.
- Make sure you have first followed the instructions in the Enabling Push Notifications, QR Codes, and Tell Friend Features article and tested out your QR codes to verify they are directing properly.
- If they are not working properly, please email us to confirm that your App Store and Play Store URLs have been added properly.
Tips on Searchability
When your app first goes live, you will probably notice it is not at the top of the list when you search in the App Store or Google Play. This is normal for a new app, but there are some things you can do to gradually increase its visibility.
- Have your app users rate it highly and leave comments about the app. The more feedback, the more visibility.
- A unique app name will narrow search results so users will not have to swipe through pages and pages before they find yours.
- Include specific keywords that are not generic.
- Try to make the app description as unique as possible, including the app name and keywords within it. Repetition is essential.