Transferring Android apps between Google Developer accounts is pretty simple, and they already have a great instructional web page for it (see link in the Reference Articles section).
In this article, you will find instructions on how to transfer an iOS app to another Apple Developer/iTunes Connect account.
Keep in Mind:
- The app must have been approved at some point (if there is a pending update, that is fine).
- Both the transferring and receiving accounts must have an active subscription to the iOS Developer program.
- You must have access to the following info for the receiving account: Recipient's Team Agent Apple ID (the username of the receiving account) and Team ID (a series of numbers and letters found in Apple Developer). Both are described in the next section.
- You may have to complete agreements in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section of Connect before proceeding.
- Transferring an app breaks the certificate chain in Developer, meaning your push notifications will no longer work; if you transfer an app, be sure to email us with the new login info ASAP, so we can rebuild the push notification certificate.
Initiating the Transfer
- Log in to the transferring iTunes Connect account.
- If there is a message at the top of the screen (like below) that refers to agreements, go to the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section to accept the contracts. If not, click the My Apps section.
Select the app you would like to transfer.
- Click App Information and scroll down towards the bottom.
- Under Additional Information, select Transfer App.
The following screen goes over the criteria for an app transfer. As long as you see green checkmarks next to each one, you are all set. Click Done at the bottom right to proceed.
- On the next screen, you will input the receiving account info. Once complete, click Continue.
(Click on image to enlarge)
- Recipient's Team Agent Apple ID: This is the username of the receiving account.
- Team ID:
- Log in to Apple Developer using the receiving account.
- Click the Member Center tab on the top right.
- On the following page, click the Your Account tab on the right.
- Scroll down to the Developer Account Summary section; this is where you will find the Team ID.
Read over the contract and check the agreement box, then click Request Transfer.
- Click Done, which will take you back to the App Details. At the top of the app listing, you will see a message about the pending transfer.
Accepting the Transfer
- Log in to the receiving iTunes Connect account. You will see a transfer message at the top.
- Click Continue.
Click on Agreements, Tax, and Banking.
- Under Transfer Agreements, you will see the transfer below Contracts in Progress. Click Review.
Input the new metadata associated with the receiving account. You can skip over fields that are not required, unless applicable.
- Support URL
- App Review Contact Information
- App Store Contact Information
Read over the contract and check the Agreement box.
Click Accept to complete the transfer.
- Email us with the app code and login info for the new account, and send a request that we rebuild the push notification certificate!
Note: App transfers can take some time to register. During this time, the status will read 'Processing App Transfer'. Once complete, the app will disappear from the transferring account and appear in the My Apps section of the receiving account.