The Website feature allows you to easily integrate a web page into your app. This feature is especially handy for promoting social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and OpenTable—or any other websites that do not contain Flash. To enable this feature, all you need is a website URL.
In this article, you will learn how to set up this feature in your app.
This feature is available on the following platforms:
This feature is recommended for the following industries:
- Nonprofits and Charities
- Offer space in the app for local businesses to advertise their website through the app.
To set up the Website feature, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Edit > Build in your dashboard.
- Click Add Feature.
- Choose the Website feature from the menu, then click Select.
- Name your feature, then click Add. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can do the following:
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle the feature on/off.
- Jump to a specific section (e.g. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature and add website views.
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen / Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. Facebook instead of Web Site).
Under Settings, check the box to enable specific options.
- Navigation Bar: A navigation bar will appear at the bottom of this feature when this setting is enabled.
Under Website Views, click Add WebView. Complete all the fields then click Add. Repeat this process for each website.
- Name: Give your website a name.
- URL: Add the direct link to the website here.
- Open in a new browser window: Turn on this option if you would like your site to open in the phone's browser, rather than within the app. This is critical for web pages that accept donations, as Apple requires these sites to launch in Safari.
- Allow Printing: Turn on this option if you would like users to be able to print from the app.
- Hybrid Browser: Turn on this option to use a native version of Safari or Chrome to load the website. This setting can not be used in conjunction with the printing option.
- Thumbnail Image: Upload a thumbnail image (200 x 200px in PNG format) for this Website.
If you would like to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, please refer to the article Feature: Custom Design Area.